About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I enjoy running and the question always is, "what's next?" in my running. What is my next challenge or goal and where is it going to lead?

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wedding Week




This has been a tough week. My oldest son is getting married today. We've had family in town and it's been very hectic around here, to say the least. I'm really proud of him and the man that he has become. My future daughter-in-law is a gem and a lovely addition to our family.


I've really been struggling lately with my running for the last week and a half. Legs have been feeling very heavy and sluggish. My breathing, has been labored as well, not sure really what's going on so I'm thinking of taking a couple of days off from running. I'm not sure if it's the Celebrex I've been taking for the tendonitis, trying to come back too fast too soon or just the stress of the upcoming wedding, though I haven't really felt too stressed until later this week.

Next week is the Cahaba River Ramble, a 10 mile trail race. I'm going to sign up but not sure what type of performance I will exhibit. In three weeks, I'm running the Peach Run (6/20) in Clanton, AL with a couple of people from Alabama. One is from Prattville and the other is Gordon from the podcast & blog Running to Disney. We sort of met through Twitter and thought it would be cool to meet up and run this race since it would be central to all of us. Looking forward to the race and meeting these two fellow runners. After that, not really sure but things will take shape as summer rolls along.

This is about it until after the wedding. I've been spending too much time away from family and being "isolated". Later everyone and happy running.


No comments:

Post a Comment