As for the scheduled marathon this coming Saturday (5/17), The Twisted Ankle, I have asked to race director if I could officially swap from the full to the 1/2. Not that I wouldn't want to do the full but it would be such a slow time because I've lost about 30-40% conditioning. My body just isn't ready for that distance right now. I would love to do this race but think I'm only really comfortable at doing the 1/2. I hope they ok the swap, I'd rather not do the 1/2 as a DNF to the full but if that is what it takes, I guess I will. I've only DNF'd one race and that is the worst feeling. Although, this would be somewhat different because I would be going into the race KNOWING I'm only going to do the half - officially or not.
Went to the fitness center today and did 40 minutes on the elliptical and about 30 minutes with weights. Tendon felt fine and just trying to work up the cardio - it's going to take several more weeks before I get back to where I need to be. It'll come.
I have a couple of races on the horizon, The Cahaba River Ramble 10 Miler and the Peach Festival 10K. Several of us that live in Alabama have been "tweeting" each other about running a couple of races and these are the two we've come up with. I think it would be fun. One of the people has a podcast, Running To Disney that I listen to and think it would be great to finally meet. Web 2.0 has become a way many runners across the country & world for that matter, have been able to network with each other. Making the world an even smaller place. I think this could be saved for another posting. I still have one in the works I need to finish first, the subject of "Couch to Marathon" - my thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment