About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I enjoy running and the question always is, "what's next?" in my running. What is my next challenge or goal and where is it going to lead?

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tupelo Marathon tomorrow - quick note

Just a quick note before my "training run" that just happens to be a marathon.

Had a good week of running, though yesterday I felt a little sluggish even when running just around an 8:30 pace. I took an ice bath after I got back to speed the recovery process. My goal pace is going to be 9 to 9:30. I'm not racing, this is just a training run, which I keep trying to remind myself. If I have anything left in the tank, I may try to push the last 6 miles but I'll just have to see how it goes. It also looks like a chance of rain/thunderstorms which could be good or bad.

I've taken today off from running and will be driving to Tupelo around noon.

Mileage this week was 32.53 without a long run, next week should be somewhere between 60-70 (Sunday-Saturday).

I'll tweet my results and update my blog sometime after the marathon.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Give us some good details on the training marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on keepin' on. I love reading your blog posts, BTW

    ReplyDelete