Not really a lot to talk about. I guess the biggest thing is that I was able to hit 71.69 total miles for week. I have never run this many miles in 1 week. What is really amazing is that I have felt good on every run except for today. Today was tough. I'm not really sure if I should log today as a run, hike, walk or all three.

I can't imagine running 100 miles, though I must confess while out there today and I was talking to myself; I told myself "I can do 40 miles and I think I can do 50". I guess that's a good thing since I'm doing a 50k in 3 weeks, scheduled to do a 40 miler in December and a 50 miler sometime next year.
I am so glad that my training has come around. I was struggling so much during the summer but it seems the struggle has paid off. Now, I must strive to stay healthy and injury free. I have been feeling and running well - outside of today's ramble in the woods. A couple of pictures I took while out running this morning.

The t-shirt challenge was a bust ... but I did contact an interested party and they are making the donation to Spina Bifida Association via Dirt Dawg as was the agreement. I feel that is still the best way for a win-win arrangement.
Not sure when my next write up will be, could from the beach while on my anniversary with my lovely and very tolerant wife of 30 years or after the 50k. It may be both, I just don't know yet.
I hope everyone has a great week/month of training as we move into the fall marathon schedule.
Happy Anniversary and congrats on the 30 years, and this week's mileage. I am feeling good after Tupelo too, but I took it easy while you forged ahead with the week. Nice!
ReplyDeleteWow, great mileage. I can't imagine running that many miles each week. Way to go! Have a nice anniversary!
ReplyDelete